Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Randome Natter

Grrr to frank cross. They put a new battery in my car last thursday, Last night I went to leave mum and dads, turned the car on, then the lights, parkers came on like normal, then up to full lights, the dash lights went off and the headlights dulled right down... Oh o. I turned the car off and the radiator fan was still going. Rather alarming, Dad had a look and couldn't spot anything so, I had a very slow drive home, luckily it wasnt totally dark. When I got home I rang a mate to come help he's pretty handy under a bonnet. Just before he arrived J spotted that the earth wire had come out. After mate arrvied, we realised that the clowns had put the wrong battery in, the terminals were at the front rather then at the back. So the earth wire didnt quite reach the terminal plug and thus cause my car to go EEK SPLAT FAIL.
So today I dropped Zoey off at school, got J to look after Jack for me and I went back to them and went oi fix it! So they put the right battery in. HURRAY... or so I thought.
Tonight I went to leave to go around to previously mentioned mates house, got in turned on the car, turned on the lights, lights went off rather then on.
So I popped the bonnet, J came out and the wire at the other end (that touched the car to earth it) had become loose from being pulled so much because of the clown at frank cross.
We wiggled it a bit and the lights worked, yay!
Went to mates house
Went to leave mates house
Same thing happened.
Except I couldn't fix it because I didnt have a torch with me to see what I was doing and mate had already gone inside *sigh* glad home isnt to far away.
So tomorrow hopefully J can replace the wire at work.
Car=trouble.

No comments: