Wednesday, June 13, 2007

WHAT A DAY!!

                           
                              .What a day indeed.
First stop was at the mall because I was a dumb arse and forgot things at shopping. Then ducked in to mum's to drop things off for tomorrows party. (I'll blog on that tomorrow night.) And then it was a visit to the hospital, my mother in law was in for some quick surgery (nothing serious and shes OK) and then to visit a family friend (on the in-law's side) who was in a really nasty crash on Wednesday afternoon. Copped 30 stitches in his head, broken shoulder, cracker sternum and facial burns from the air  conditioner gas. OUCH!! But considering, he is doing great and can go home soon.
Got home, sorted out the shambolic kitchen filled up the hand me down canisters (thanks dad) and made the cake for tomorrow. Put it in the oven, then cut the spuds for potato salad and put them on to cook.
I came out and sat down here to look up some stuff before I forgot. But on remembering that I forgot all about the spuds. *sniff sniff* "Oh shit!*
Potatoes were wrecked, all burnt and the entire house stunk of it.
Luckily I had allot more potatoes to use. This time around I used the microwave.
Cake came out perfectly and it was on the rack cooling. We all sat down to have dinner then I watched a bit of TV jumped back on here for a bit longer. Thinking it was long enough now for the cake to be cool enough to ice, I went into the kitchen.
There was the cake, still on the rack but cut to pieces in every imaginable direction. Z-monster had become a stealth ninja cake assassin and obliterated the cake. I was absolutely mortified because I'd planned everything out so I'd have enough time to do everything I needed to do and still get some sleep.
I sent her to bed and made another cake, thankfully I had just enough cocoa for the cake but not enough for icing. So I threw cake number 2 into the oven and went to the supermarket which luckily was still open to get some more cocoa.
This cake came out really well. When it cooled I iced it and it all wen smooth and lovely. Then when that set I whipped up some cream coloured it red (my hands as well lol) and piped around the bottom edge and then Happy 40Th birthday on top.
Am very glad it worked out in the end, even though it is now 1:30am. 2 hours later then I wanted to be in bed :P

1 comment:

altraeis said...

That's my god daughter ---Im soooooo proud. hehehehehehe